April 24, 2013

Farwell (my love) - What will they think of us?


I read on a newspaper that a Japanese Zeppelin will fly over Finland next week. That reminded me of this movie about Graf Zeppelins flight around the world, which I saw last year. The movie somehow affected me strongly, and made me think of how different the world once was. However, that was only barely being a lifetime ago. All these people with their troubles, hopes and dreams, just like any person today. However, so much has changed since that time our values, technology, culture, society and politics. This semi-documentary is, therefore, one of my favorites, because it manages to capture and re-create the world of 1929.   

    
I keep asking whether or not someone, a hundreds of years from now, will look at a semi-documentary about our world. Just like this one. What will they think about our time, our world?



No comments:

Post a Comment